Disability Connect, a Federation Member Centre in Auckland, have produced some great resources that can be used to benefit and inform disabled people and their families.
Seminars to Order are available nationwide and include the following topics:
- Work and Income Supports in Disability (presented by Vaughan Dodd, Disability Advisor, Work and Income, Ministry of Social Development)
- Individualised Funding including Respite (presented by Lisa Martin, CEO, Disability Connect)
- Transition from School (presented by Lisa Martin, CEO, Disability Connect)
- Living Options (presented by Lisa Martin, CEO, Disability Connect)
- Planning for Adulthood (presented by Nan Jensen, Solicitor)
- Education Legal Issues (presented by Nan Jensen, Solicitor
For further information about Seminars DOWNLOAD HERE
In a new initiative Disability Connect, in collaboration with cultural groups. the Northern Alliance and the Waitemata DHB, have produced a series of translated videos about disability supports. Available in English, simplified Chinese and Korean these videos provide information on everything from Diagnosis to Leaving Home options.
For further information about the Video Resources DOWNLOAD HERE